CRIME PREVENTION SPECIALIST INFO
Code of Ethics
The OCPA Certified Crime Prevention Specialist must continue to affirm and attest adherence to the following standards of professional and personal responsibility.
- To make an effort to perform my professional duties in accordance with the highest standards and principles.
- To be exemplary in obeying federal, state and local laws and the constitution and bylaws of the Ohio Crime Prevention Association.
- To ascribe to the belief that a reduction of crime can best be achieved through the implementation of effective crime prevention techniques.
- To be dutiful in service of the crime prevention needs of the community which is the nucleus of our society.
- To adhere to the principles of honesty, integrity, and confidentiality.
- To promote the programs of the OCPA in an effort to raise the standards, improve upon the efficiency, and increase the effectiveness of crime prevention.
- To do all things necessary and proper to promote crime prevention planning and implementation for our citizens.
- To maintain membership in good standing with the OCPA according to the constitution and bylaws.